- For the granola, melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup, salt and spice, stir through the oats, nuts and dried fruit and spread on a greaseproof paper covered tray. Place in a low heat oven (90ºc) for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes,
- When it’s cooked, allow to cool and break up in to smaller pieces. Place some of this in a food processor with half of the melted butter and blitz. When blended, place a heaped tablespoon full in to ring moulds and press down to level, set in a fridge.
- While this is setting, follow the next steps carefully.
- Add Gooseberries and sugar to a saucepan and cook on low heat until soft, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add Chocolate, Double Cream & Vanilla to a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil whisking continuously until all has incorporated, remove from the heat, then finely grate in zest of one orange, mix thoroughly.
- Pour the chocolate mix in to the ring moulds and leave to set in the fridge or Blast Chiller for 1 Hour
- To dress, place a spoonful of crushed biscuits on a plate, remove the chocolate from the mould and set atop, with a spoonful of the gooseberries either on top or around.
In the image is a sugar tuile. To achieve this, slowly melt 100g sugar in a pan with a teaspoon of water, when the sugar is melted and starts to colour, pour on to a greaseproof lined tray and allow to cool, break up and garnish as you want.